Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Just found some lithographs of very old playing cards. Where

Customer Question

Just found some lithographs of very old playing cards. Where do we go to find a value. Lithos are from cards all the way back to the 1300s, mainly Europe
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't know how to send photos from computer. Each sheet has a typewritten onion skin cover page which explains country of origin of cards, and approximate dates cards were used. I don't want to handle them any more than I have to. One sheet says: "PLAYING CARDS FROM WOOD BLOCKS, MADE IN PROVENCE ABOUT 1440. These are the earliest printed playing cards of Europe that have ever been found." Does this help?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Other than the cover pages, there is no other writing or printing on the sheets.

I will have to opt-out here as I feel that I am not able to assess with accuracy without photos.

Another expert will step in if they feel they can answer. I will not be able to respond back after I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. Here is some help with uploading pictures:

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

Go to

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.