rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A signed painting by Arthello Beck, the piece appears to be

Customer Question

a signed painting by Arthello Beck
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the piece appears to be signed by Mr. Beck in paint with the numbers "01" under his signature
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: then on the mat it says Arthello beck with a check mark
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

This is a painting by African American artist Arthello Beck (Texas, 1941-2004).

This piece was painted in 2001 and would have a value of $4000.00 to $5,000 as an original painting.

If this is a lithographic print (most likely), it would have a value of $75.00 to $100 based on recent sales of his prints.

He painted in oil and oil paintings do not need to be matted or under glass, so I get the indication that what you have is a print.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.