Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a box 31"l x 17"w x 20"h with nged

Customer Question

I have a box 31"l x 17"w x 20"h with hinged lid, covered in brass plate with hammered designs, intended use was for fireplace wood. This was made in Russia and was a wedding present to my great-grandparents in 1873.
I do not know for certain, but I believe the box came from Russian Archduke Alexis, since my great-great grandfather was part of the American welcoming committee that greeted the Archduke in New York in 1871.Any idea of its value?Thank you
Fred Peasley
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Could you post a few photos of the box to evaluate please? I would like to see the design and any markings on the box. I look forward to to helping you.

Hi I was just checking in to see if you had had a chance to post a few photos of the box for my review. I look forward to helping you and researching this box. It sounds to be a wonderful piece.