Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I am most interested in you giving a possible appraisal of a

Customer Question

Hi ****,
I am most interested in you giving a possible appraisal of a glass vase giving to my parents as a wedding present in 1960. It stands approx 13"ïnches high.
It is what I would describe as having a trumpet opening coming into a long slender neck and centre, rounding out to soft circular bottom. Quite elegant and done in a very rich deep red but the colour changes throughout the vase to a deep burgundy. Somebody suggested it may be Murano. How can I be sure. I have no idea. All I know is that its been sitting on my parents dressing table for 56 years.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

The truth is you cannot be sure, there were many companies that made this Stretch Style Vase in the 60's, it was the era of the Art Glass. Many glass blowers on the Island of Murano Italy made these as well as American Companies such as Blenko Glass and a few others that did not become well known or stay in business long. A lot of local artists in areas also made these, they sold them at local art fairs, and shops.

So there is no way to know who made it but, it can be valued. Over the years, ( 45 ) I have bought, sold and appraised vases like this many times. So I can give you a value for this and what they are currently selling for on today's market. If you like?