rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles

We have received an old tea set consisting of: 4 saucers, 4

Customer Question

Good afternoon
We have received an old tea set consisting of:
4 saucers, 4 bread and butter (cake plates?) plates however only 3 tea cups.
Markings on bottom:
Bone China
(In an oval shape with crown on top, black print)
Under the oval shape:
Made in England
Each Teacup has a gold number 7669, 76611, 7664 (hand written?)
Each piece also has a letter and number
D2, E6, B0, 2xB6 (4 x Saucers)
2xB4, E8 (3 x Teacups)
E8,, A2, F5, E6 (4 x Bread & Butter Plates)
The design is a separate bunch of pink, blue and white flowers with green leaves and the reverse side has one bunch of pink flowers these are repeated inside the cups.
It would be lovely to find out what this teaset was worth.
Judy Pobar
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

You have a set of pieces from the manufacturer Royal Vale Bone China. The numbers "7669, 76611, 7664 " are the specific serial number of each piece. The set corresponds to the pattern HYDRANGEA. They are circa 1950s.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of

Saucer - 9$

Bread and butter - 8$

Tea cup - 12$

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!