Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a original A Pruitt painting dated 1964. 30" X 40". I

Customer Question

I have a original A Kelly Pruitt painting dated 1964. 30" X 40". I would like to know its value. Woul you like to see a pic of it??
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Not much
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It has no damage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you.

Can you please post a photo for my review?I would like to see the overall painting and a close up of the signature if possible to give you an accurate current value.

Here is a biography on the artist I found:

About Kelly Pruitt

Born: 1924 - Waxahachie, Texas
Died: 2009 - USA
Known for: western and Indian genre

To be a cowboy was A. Kelly Pruitt's childhood dream; a dream that he realized early in his life. He started breaking horses when he was twelve and helped bring many a trailherd from Mexico across the Rio Grand at Presidio, Texas where he and his family lived during his early years.

His first paintings were done on scraps of rainbow sandstone found on the Boquillas Ranch where he worked in Arizona near the Grand Canyon. It was there that his work was discovered by a man who ran the El Tovar Hotel and Kelly's painting career was launched.

Unhampered by formal art training and the opinions of professors, he paints what he knows and loves.In the fifty years he has been painting and sculpting. His personality and popularity have taken him to countries where most cowboys would have felt out of place. He has had one man shows around the world including England, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and most of the major cities of the USA.

Kelly's life, like his work, is loose and untrammeled by conformity. For most of it he has preferred to live under the stars, in the endless expanse of nature sheltered only by a teepee or gypsy wagon. His daily life is guided by the promptings of the Great Spirit, provided for and protected by the same source.

Currently, he lives in the Chihuahua Desert, near the Rio Grande that he has always loved, in a small mud and stick house that he and his wife made with their own hands.

Source: Black Crow Art and Publishing, Co, 1/2003:

Hello I was checking back to see if you had had a chance to post a photo of this painting. I am ready whenever you are to review and give you anaccurate value to this painting once I have seen the subject and style. Thank you