Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a old what i think is a painting of a sycedelic queen

Customer Question

i have a old what i think is a painting of a sycedelic queen of diamond framed by richard Tobey in la ca many many years ago ... it was left to me by my mother from her uncle William Walton from Aspen Co... the estate is trying to sell it but have no where to start.. please help if you can
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
im sorry sir i am at work and will not be able to corespond at this time -- your welcome to text or email -- i will be back in the office tmro morn am
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Please, if there is a signature, please send me a close-up clear photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response it's such a complicated picture we have looked for hours for a signature we given the fact he was very wealthy and had a lot of art that it is a valid piece but if you can give us any ideas we have looked and search I have not for the frame up to look at the back of it I originally thought it was Stainglass so I just need some help

Please send a photo of the back without removing the paper backing.

Also, have you tried taking the painting to the Richard Tobey Framing Co? Perhaps they could look in their records? Or, if you send them the photo of the piece, they may remember it.

See attached snipping photo of their contact info.

Kind regards,

Doris