rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Hungerford Mahogany ghboy looks "Colonial" 7 drawers, H 53"

Customer Question

Hungerford Mahogany Highboy looks "Colonial" 7 drawers, H 53" D 19 1/2 W 34 1/2 Mahogany label # ***** indicating it is solid Mahogany
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Originallly purchased in the 1950s at Standard Furniture Company in Salinas, California Has brass findings, handle drawer pulls
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Item has some wear but nothing significant I have other pieces, Have a 5 drawer chest with separaate "Colonial" mirror but wanted to start with one at a time..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

This is a Chippendale style highboy made in Memphis, Tennessee by Hungerford Furniture.

The Mahogany Association label indicates a date prior to 1964, so that fits in with your

timeline of purchase in the 1950's. The number 332 is the association number attributed to Hungerford Furniture.

The highboy has a current value of $1000, the 5-drawer dresser with mirror has a value of $400 to $500 as a set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.