Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

A German Doll, cloth body, arms and legs attached with wire

Customer Question

A German Doll , cloth body, arms and legs attached with wire and small washer, Kathy Kruse type, hard bisque/hard plastic/composition head, painted features, not a Bing, 11" tall. Marked on back rather deep marks as though pressed in. 700 PO 12 Germany.
It's a mystery to me.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert helping you.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, here are the pictures you requested. ThanksHenrietta

I will opt-out as this mark is not familiar to me. Another expert will step in and answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, Yes,I am anxious to learn the identity of this doll. I do appraisals all at the time, and this one has me buffaloed. Henrietta
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, Did you receive the pictures of the doll? Hope you confined someone with th identification., Thanks Henrietta 6/25/16
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, I have not gotten an answer to the question, except that you don't have an answer, and the expert has not gotten back with me. HOWEVER YOU HAVE GOTTEN PAID FOR THE SERICE. PLASE RESPOND OR CREDIT MY ACCOUNT. THANKS, HENRIETTA
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

The other expert opted out because she was unable to identify the mark on the doll. I have searched all of my guides on Antique Dolls, and all my sources for antique dolls and have not been able to locate this mark. The only thing for sure is it was made in Germany.

I am sorry but, that is all that two of us know about this doll.

I am also going to opt out, the question will remain on the board. You do not need to do anything else, if someone knows this mark, they will pick this up and give you an answer to your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.