rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

This piece was one of my Great Grandparent's wedding gifts.

Customer Question

This piece was one of my Great Grandparent's wedding gifts. They were married in the mid to late-1800's
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you write here the complete test that is written in the mark?

A picture of the mark will be also helpful!

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have the item in my possession at this time. But it has been in my family forever. It sat on my grandparent's piano after their parents died. It's from the mid-late 1800's. The gold and white are painted in a bas relief
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get it tomorrow when I go to the home.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have more photos here I can send now

OK no problem. Once you have the text simply write it here!

If you have a picture of the mark, please attach it here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are photos
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I should mention the blue blown glass pulls out. There are no scratches or broken edges. It's the "family jewel", so to speak

Thanks

i cannot see the text of the marks in the picture. The text will tell us if it is silver, silver plate, age..etc. So it's important to know the text!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm certain it's plate and it's most likely from CT because they were from CT and lived in Seymour Tomorrow I will write out the Mark. It's very small

ok! I will wait for the text of the mark

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I will send it tomorrow afternoon. thanks But what do you think based on what I've told you? Mid-1880's, handblown blue glass, gold rim, handpainted, one owner. Thanks.

The value will be in the range of 300-550$.

With the mark I can give you more information about the piece itself, but the value will be in this range.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will get the mark tomorrow afternoon and email you. Then I'll mark the stars after you have given me more data based on the mark. I appreciate your help so far. Thank you

OK!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi! I'm back. The piece has the Mark right in the center of the base.
Wm. Rogers & Son (next to it, above the n, is a tiny 18)
Hartford, Conn
and I THINK below
02 IIor ir could be 03 II

Thanks for the reply

The number 18 is typical in Wm Rogers, which depicts the patent that they have " PAT'18" is ussually found in other Wm Rogers silverware. ***** ***** MFG CO - Hartford, CT was organised in 1865, it was founded in 1834 in another city, and then trasferred. "02 II" is the specific pattern number.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 400-550$.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning! Any luck with your research? Thanks

Thanks for the reply