Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My mom has some capo di pieces of my grandmothers. How can I

Customer Question

Hi, My mom has some capo di monte pieces of my grandmothers. How can I tell if they are worth keeping or not?Also she has two end tables and a coffee table with a marble top that was made in Italy. How do I know if it is worth anything or if I should just give it away to a family member?Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Is there a Capodimonte mark on this and what is the approximate height?

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is a mark. I cant recall which one as I know there are different marks. It is approximately 12 to 14 inches high.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the mark on the bottom of the marble table
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

At your convenience, please add an image of the Capodimonte mark and a full view of the marble top tables.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Nora. I will get them this evening
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Great, thanks - at your convenience, no rush nor time limit here. ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that the side tables have iron castor wheels.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the image. Do the side tables have a drawer and is there a tag or label on the inside? ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have one that has a drawer and 2 side tables that do not. I will look on the inside. There is hand written numbers on the bottom of the wood. I have attached pictures of the one table with the drawers and a picture of the side table without the drawers. there is a stamp and hand written numbers underneath.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the images.

Side table pair can sell for up to $300 for the two together and the one with 2 drawers can sell for $175 - $200 on today's market. The Capodimonte Cherub clock can sell for $100 - $200 at auction. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, the key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is the label that is on the tables. There is also a round one. It looks as though they are all Mahogany.