Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have some original cartoon strips from cartoonist Edwina

Customer Question

I have some original cartoon strips from cartoonist Edwina (Emma) Dumm and I need to find out their value. what is best way of doing so without it costing a large sum of money?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

How many do you have and please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

I used to work at Illustration House in Manhattan where I have handled original Tippie and Captain Stubbs full sheet originals as well as strips. The full sheet originals sells for $600 - $800; the single strips sells for $80 - $120 each.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I email you a few strips of the images. Did you receive them? Please inform me and I will resend the images.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

The images have not arrived to me. Did admin send you a message confirming they received them?

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I received one contact email that someone would respond to my inquiry. They did not make a reference to the images. I email them to supportanswer.com art. Nora Antiques. Shall I resubmit them to you?
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Try this first if possible:

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I am at work and will do it when I'm home on my desktop.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Any time is fine, no rush. ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll try it on my smartphone now.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GM
Nora. I forwarded the strips and left my email and cell. Will await your reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
GM Nora
Were you able to view the strips I sent?
I forwarded my email to your admin. Was wondering if you heard anything.