Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Clymer impressionist oil painting in ornate gilt frame.

Customer Question

John Clymer impressionist oil painting in ornate gilt frame. Dimensions including frame 44" x 32". Purchased at a country French store in Tampa, Florida. I've owned it for 25 years.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: No additional information known.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: artist signature is in bottom right hand corner in purple. What else is important?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I have the measurements I would to know if you could post a photo of the overall painting for evaluation on subject and condition. I then can give you an accurate current market value and insurance value for insuring if you wish.

To post a photo click on the file upload and follow the prompts. If you have already uploaded a photo it is not showing on my side of our thread.

Here is the artists biography:

An impressionist landscape painter, who until recently unfortunately was often confused with the American illustrator and painter John Ford Clymer (1907-1989). Our "John Clymer" has also been known to sign works as "John Moris" and now as "John Roby."

Until the internet helped to distinguish the two artists, the younger Clymer's works were pretty much sold on their own merits as attractive, impressionistic, colorful decorative paintings. Now, happily, biographical information has become available on him, enabling him to emerge from the misattribution era when he was mixed up with the American illustrator.

Clymer was born in Brighton, England in 1932. Early on his artistic talents were recognized and his father enrolled him in art education classes at the Royal Academy. In recent years, he has become recognized in England, the Continent and the USA for his skill in creating impressionist landscapes and coastal scenes.