Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have a 154 piece Distinction Deluxe Stainless HH

Customer Question

I have a 154 piece Distinction Deluxe Stainless HH silverware set by Oneida that I would like to be appraised. It is still in the original wooden box that was given to me after my Great Grandmother's passing.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: To be honest that is all I know. It is very old.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When will I be able to speak with the Appraiser?
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Most of the appraisers who work on this part of the JA site work from our homes here in the USA.

I am working late tonight. It is almost 10PM here.

Please know that I am working on your question right now.

I should be back within 40 minutes.

Kind regards,

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome.

My research indicates that your set s described in its original box has an estimated retail value of $1600-1800 assuming good condition and depending on location where sold.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites. - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Amazon Marketplace:

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

If another professional enters our exchanges on this question, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Will I be charged monthly if I paid the $5 fee?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also do you know how old this particular set is?

The pattern was first used in the mid 20thC.

We professionals work on the site; not for the site.

Therefore, we have no knowledge of its finances.

To know about your charges, go to customer help at this address:

Positive please.

Kind regards,