Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a bracelet of my Mother's which she always said she

Customer Question

I have a bracelet of my Mother's which she always said she got the jade pieces from her Grandmother. She had the bracelet made, so the story goes, and that the jade pieces were buttons from an important persons gown.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

How many links are there, are there any stamps for karats on there and/or have you have the metal tested?

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is the jade pieces I am wanting information about. Mom had the bracelet made, I believe it is 18k.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been told forever that the jade is 100s of years old.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you see the jade better in these photos? Each one has 4 holes to be used as buttons.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your patience, your Chinese carved jade tunic buttons can sell for $300 -$500 each on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora