Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a large Capodimonte D. Polo Uiato porcelain figurine

Customer Question

I have a large Capodimonte D. Polo Uiato porcelain figurine that is a woman sitting with a basket of 3 small ducks and a large duck at her feet. It is in very good condition. Can you let me know what it might be worth and to whom I might be able to sell?
JA: I am Pearl, the Antiques Appraiser's Assistant.
Customer: did you receive my note
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: About how long will the appraisal take?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Antiques Appraiser for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Your Woman with Ducks, D Polo Uiato Italy has an estimated retail ( Book Value , Insurance replacement ) of $200.00-300.00 The price they would sell for in an Antique shop, or high end Antique Website would be -$195.00-300.00 and higher depending where it is located. Auction values on places such as Ebay on today's market they are only bringing an average of $75.00- 150.00 depending on who bids on it. These prices do not mean you cannot ask whatever you would like for this, there is no set rule that says you have to sell for auction price or even the retail value. Items are sold all the time for much more then they are worth and sadly at times for much less then they are worth. If it were mine and I was selling it, I would list this for $125.00-130.00 and see how it does. If it did not sell then I would hang onto it for a bit and try again. Selling always depends on the right person coming along and wanting what you have.. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.

Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

.
Thank you so much!
Glenda