rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have several old watches that belonged to my great grand

Customer Question

I have several old watches that belonged to my great grand parents. I wold like to know how to find their value. One is a gold pocket watch that says ILLINOIS on the face of the watch and the name of the company on the back says J.R. wood and son with a serial number of 762841.
Thank you,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This is an 1890 hunter case size 6s pocket watch in 14k gold made by Illinois Watch Company of Springfield, Illinois.

It has a an 11-jewel, grade 141 movement based on the serial number that you gave me.

The watch has a current value of $480 to $510 retail if working and $360 to $425 if not running.

If you have more items, you can start a new question and put 'forCustomer#39; in beginning to get me again.

To finish this one, please click the stars at the top of your screen and hit submit so the site will know I have helped you.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.