rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have been donated many Pickard pieces to resale orphanage

Customer Question

we have been donated many Pickard pieces to resale for an orphanage for a fundraiser.I am having trouble with the following pieces. Back says Starburst Hand painted Dinner and Salad plate. Hand Painted Platinum Baroque dinner plate .Hand Painted Camelot dinner plate.Venetian Dinner PlateAthena accent salad plateHuntington accent salad plate.All are in Perfect condition.In original wrapping. Thank you so very mush,Susan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

Pickard was a decorating studio in Chicago from 1890 to 1935, so the pieces you have are all by different makers, but were all hand decorated at the Pickard Studios. The values would be a s follows;

Starburst Hand painted Dinner $20 to $100 and Salad plate $20 to $35.

Hand Painted Platinum Baroque dinner plate $20 to $125 .

Hand Painted Camelot dinner plate $20 to $125.

Venetian Dinner Plate $20 to $125

Athena accent salad plate $20 to $35.00.

Huntington accent salad plate $20 to $35.00.

The worth depends on the quality of the decoration on each, so it would be your opinion on placing the value within the ranges that I have given on average selling prices from low to high quality painted pieces by Pickard.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wow wide range. Were you unable to find Hand painted Natasha dinner plate and cup and saucer.Thank You.

Most would be on the lower end of that range because 'fancy china' is less desired these days.

I didn't see that one included in the original request, but I will gladly add it.

Natasha Pickard dinner plate would have a value/worth of $20 -$35.00.

Do click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.