rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles

I have Noritake M with wreath surrounding it. bottom with a

Customer Question

I have Noritake M with wreath surrounding it. Green bottom with a gondola scene blue top with gold shaker top and gold rimmed pitcher. It is a set with a plate and other pieces. It has a picture of a covered gondola on a lake, river, body of water etc. I cannot locate other pieces to appraise. Can you help me? thanks much.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've attached a photo
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

You have a 1940s hand painted Noritake china plate. The plates pattern is Nappy Gondola, if you search for it on the internet, you will see a huge amount of other past auction sales of piece from the same pattern.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of:

Dinner plate - 15$

Salad plate - 10$

Bead and butter . 7$

Cup and saucer set - 14$

If you any serving pieces, please, let me know the type of pieces and I will add the values.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

You have a set of vintage Noritake 'Gondola' pattern ware.

A nappy bowl is one that is saucer sized, holds water, and is used to wash your hands whilst eating.

A gold shaker top with pitcher is known as a 'berry sugar and creamer' set. These were used to shake sugar and pour cream over fresh berries. Here is a link to a set with a platter that sold for $19 at auction:

Here is just a creamer that sold for $14.99:

and here is a berry cream and sugar set in red that sold for $23.50:

Here is a link for you to a single footed bowl in this pattern that sold for $29.99:

This cup, saucer and dish set, or dainty trio sold for $40:

A salt and pepper shaker set sold for $16:

A bowl and plate set (in red) that sold for $25:

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This was made 1910-1911 in Japan and there was no proper name for the set because it was all hand-painted.

This piece in the photo has a value of $50 to $60.00. Other pieces would be in the same range.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Dinner plate - 15$

Salad plate - 10$

Bead and butter . 7$

Cup and saucer set - 14$