LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Over the years, I have built-up binders of photos,

Customer Question

Over the years, I have built-up binders of photos, dimensions and any info I can find on what I consider uncommon items I have picked up over my 82 years. I have notebooks for furniture, art work, etc. How can I find someone willing to scan through these catalogs to see if there is anything worthy of a top line auction, or mid--level auction, and which ones?
My wife and I attended the Boston show and found some items were worth >$100 each and one 1840s wooden works clock was not worth our most recent repair bill on it. I did not bring my Frank Schoonover Illustration insured for 40K.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. With all of the information you have in hand you should be able to find an antique store in town or close to where you live. Ask around and see if someone would be able to go through one book at a time and tell you if there was something on the higher end that could go to auction or who to contact about if it would be accepted for an auction. You knowing what you have could send an email to auction houses with photo, measurements and information attached and see what they say. Here are a few auction House links to start with.

Christies Auction House: high end items $5000.00 value or more

http://www.christies.com/selling-services/auction-services/auction-estimates/overview/

Heritage Auction Hose: moderate to on up valued items

https://www.ha.com/c/acquisitions.zx?target=sell&ic=Tab-ToSell-SellInquiry-040814

You could start by filling out Heritage and most houses offer a free evaluation on what you have to determine what you would like to do.

If you would want to post a few photos and measurements on here I could go over photos and help you also. It is frustrating when you have binders and know there is very well something there if you could only find someone to help you begin the quest of sorting out things.

PBA Auction House handles items 2000.00 and above

http://www.pbagalleries.com/content/selling/how-to-consign/

If I can be of further service please let me know. I am happy to help always.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.