rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have 7 pc set of Bona Fama Est Melior Zona Aurea Alba

Customer Question

I have 7 pc set of Bona Fama Est Melior Zona Aurea Alba China Chamber set. Chamber pot is missing lid. Tooth brush cup has been glued back together. All else is in very good shape. Can I send you a photo to help me understand what is here? Would like to get idea of value. Was from Baltimore.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How can I send you photo?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

The expression "Bona Fama Est Melior Zona Aurea" is a French expression that says in English language "A good reputation is better than a golden belt". You set was used by Edwin Bennett Pottery Company after 1890. The company was located in Baltimore from 1846 to 1936 Shipping in US only please.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 450-600$ for the complete set.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Here is a link for you to a 6-piece Edwin Bennett set that sold for $49.99 at auction in February of this year:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/edwin-bennett-pottery-bona-fama-1798176526

As well, here is a link for you to a 4 piece set by Bennett that sold for $189:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/unique-victorian-lion-head-alba-china-404765350

and another set that sold for $159.99 in January:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/alba-china-pitcher-wash-bowl-vase-1798327001

You can ask any price you please on any item you own, the key factor being finding a buyer at your pricepoint. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

In the meantime, please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora