Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting by Reynolds whitch through my research

Customer Question

I have a painting by Joshua Reynolds whitch through my research seems to be a replica of a painting called Lady Elisaneth Delme the humans are replaced with cats just wondered if it was worth being appraised
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

You have a contemporary 20th century Susan Herbert image that is a 'spoof' or fantasy image based on "Lady Elizabeth Delme and her Children" by Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792). Herbert generally keeps the originals and has the image copied by print or giclee. Yours may be a framed giclee and depending on size, can sell for $40 - $100. She is known for re-imagining many historically famous paintings with cats in the roles of the main sitters instead.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Here is a link for you to a matching color lithograph print by her, measuring 8.5" x 10" that sold for $48:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/susan-herbert-lady-elizabeth-delme-506938793

Here is a link for you of the same image depicted on a candy tin from 1990 that sold for $19.99:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bentleys-susan-herbert-cats-reynolds-441698003

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora