Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Have 12 piece teacup saucer plus milk jug and sugar bowl. :

Customer Question

Have 12 piece teacup saucer plus milk jug and sugar bowl.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Pinder bourne cups and sauces each numbered. Please give indication of value. 12 cups and saucers together with sugar bowl and milk jug. One cup umbered 4 of 5714
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure what else. No number on sugar bowl or milk jug
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Can you send a picture of this and also a picture of the bottom of one piece?

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

An antique English Staffordshire tea set by Pinder Bourne tea service for 12 can sell for $350 - $400 at auction on today's market. The set can be offered for higher at retail. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Here is a link for you on the history of Pinder Bourne & Co:

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

As I asked for images in order to give the exact date this was produced and the value of the set. Some Pinder Bourne Porcelain is selling for as much as 22,500.00 on today's market. Can you please send images of your set, to include the mark on the bottom this will ensure that you get the exact date the set was produced as well as the value.

It is very important to know what you have? I can give you the exact value on your set with the correct information. As I stated some of the sets are currently selling for as much as 22,000.00. So it is very important to know what you have. Apple Blossom cups and saucers are selling for $ 60.00-70.00 each. Apple Blossom Luncheon plate is selling for $79.00 and up. This is why it is imperative to know what you have. Some sets are also listed for 15,000.00.

So with the description of yours and the marks on the bottom, I can pinpoint the exact value.