Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Is there any value to Little Golden Books copyright 1947 to

Customer Question

Is there any value to Little Golden Books copyright 1947 to 1985
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
The Server is from the Eastlake Furniture Era, during the Victorian Era. Eastlake furniture is technically considered Victorian, being popular from 1870-1890, it breaks away from the excessive carvings , classical elements, and numerous curves of other styles produced during this time frame. The Server has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $650.00-750.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )

Please excuse that post it was suppose to go to another question there was a glitch in the system.

What books are you asking about?

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

In general, vintage Little Golden Book can sell for a high average of $5 - $20 each, with some exceptions that can sell for $100 or more per book. If you would like to make a list by title and year of each of the books in your collection of Little Golden Books, I will look it over for you to see if there are any stand-outs in terms of collector value.

In the meantime, please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.