rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

How can I tell how old my Tell City Chair Company Hutch is?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?

Also, could you inspect the furniture to try to locate the manufacturer label or mark if present?

Thanks

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Tell City Chair Company was founded in 1865 under the name "Chair Maker's Union"; they changed the name to Tell City Chair Co in 1924. The company however did not begin manufacturing dining room furniture until 1954; thus your hutch would be at least no older than 1954.

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora