rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two hand painted fish plates that are Collamore

Customer Question

I have two hand painted fish plates that are Davis Collamore plates with a mark on the back fifth ave & 37th st, new youk
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: above the mark there is a lion, under the lion is a crown, under the crown is Royal Dalton England in a circle then the Davis Collamore & Co Ltd. then under that is the fifth Ave address
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: There is also R.A.5735E on the side one is a Rainbow trout and the second is a Welsh Trout
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't need to do a free trial, I would just like to know about these 2 plates. I paid the $5.00 but I am not signing up for something that I have to cancel that I am not going to use.

I just answer questions and am given only your question, I know nothing about your account or how or what you are charged.

You have two Royal Doulton fish plates made for the retailer Davis and Collamore. The RA represents ***** ***** studios, a famous artist that painted for Royal Doulton. This number dates the plates to 1904. While this would have been part of a large set with 12 plates, sauce boat and fish platter, the two plates still have value. Each plate is worth $175.00 each retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.