Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a Lloyd R. picture called Evenings Harbour I bieve :

Customer Question

I have a Lloyd R. Jones picture called Evenings Harbour I bieve
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a picture by Lloyd R. Jones called Evening Harbour. It's been in my family since about 1954-55. I was interested in it's value for insurance purposes. I have pictures of my family when I was 5 years of age to verify it's age. Can you assist in this process?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I've never looked behing
the picture
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Original paintings by the Illinois artist Lloyd R. Jones (1890 - 1934) carry average auction estimate of $200 - $300 and sometimes as high as $300 - $500. His highest transparent auction record sale was $350. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, the key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price. A fair asking price as well as insurance replacement value is $800. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.