Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have two humming bird prints by j gould and hc richter

Customer Question

I have two humming bird prints by j gould and hc richter also on the left is hullmandel & walton imp one print shows 3 humming birds and the other shows two.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The three humming birds is titled erythronota sophie, gould and the two humming birds is titled eucephala hypocyanea, gould
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: size of prints in the frames 12 inches x 17 inches
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of print where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Hullmandel & Walton published J. Gould and HC Richter prints in the first half of the 19th century (1830s - 1840's). In general their bird or 'Audubon' prints printed by Hullmandel & Walton sell for $225 - $280; however those with hummingbirds can sell for $500 - $700 each. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, the key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

Here is a link for you with such prints, and there is a Hummingbird one being offered for $650:

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.