Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

WW II memorabilia from dad's collection what is of value ?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have pictures at the moment. However my father was a navigator on a B-29, a Lieutenant on Capt John Marcacci's . crew 499th Bombardment group (VH), 73rd Bomb Wing Saipan. I have found many pictures, correspondence, Navigation tools with training manuals, films of bombings in Saipan, his uniform, wings, also my mother's wings, hand written flight plans/schedules and I am not anywhere near finished finding things.

This is a large collection that would have a value of $700 to $1000 based on what you have described.

To sell the collection, it would be best to go to liveauctioneers.com and use the directory to find an auction

house near you where you could consign to them for the best realized price.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Recently, a World War II B-24 Gunner's collection, similar to what you describe sold for $4339.78 at auction in February of this year. Original flight plans alone garner about $1000 each for the log books.

You will want to catalogue, or list, exactly what you have in the collection so as to establish a value per piece.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora