Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Wilmer signed vase that is different in shape to

Customer Question

I have a Wilmer James signed vase that is different in shape to any of the others . I also believe it is larger than others I have seen. it has been in our family since the 50's . I have sent pictures to the California designing women's museum and they replied that it is indeed a lovely piece of Wilmer James pottery. I have no idea what to insure it for . Are you able to help me.i have seen different vases ranging between 600.00-160.000 dollars.i also have a ***** ***** jug
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This vase by African American ceramist Wilmer James

has a current value of $1200USD, so you would insure it for $3500.00USD.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Realistically, on today's market, your vintage Wilmer James art pottery vase would carry an auction estimate of $500 - $700. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1500.

Here is a link for you to a 7" vase that sold in May of this year for $600:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wilmer-james-1940s-pottery-vase-1813977898

And here is a link to one that sold for $558 in April 2016:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wilmer-james-pot-pottery-sculpture-1812582546

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora