Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

What is this We are at a garage sale lol I took a picture

Customer Question

What is this We are at a garage sale lol I took a picture looks like a wooden globe the top comes off it stands on a pedastal with three radiating legs and two straight pieces of wood coming out from under the bowl
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

If the top opens, it looks like a portable liquor set and would have had a set of cordials and a decanter inside.

Value of $50 to $60 retail.

Do click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

I hope you purchased this, as it is a rare 19th century Victorian turned wood stand for holding and sorting yarn. The rounded bowl yarn holder at the top with original lid was done by a master millworker. This can easily flip for $300 - $400, and could even be priced as high as $800 - $1200.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.