Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I HAVE AN E. A. STEARNS NO. 50 brass and it looks like ivory

Customer Question

I HAVE AN E. A. STEARNS NO. 50 brass and it looks like ivory folding rule. It seems to be in good condition. Would you have any idea as to it's worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My mother picked it up at an auction some 60 yrs ago
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: there are two slight cracks in the ivory, the pin is not broken.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising * for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Here is a link for you to an 1850's E.A. Stearns ruler that sold for $1200. Does yours resemble the one in the link here?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/extremely-1850s-stearns-50b-double-1814260053

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora