Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have Dunkirk Sterling tea and coffee set. Complete 7

Customer Question

I have Dunkirk Sterling tea and coffee set. Complete 7 pieces
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: What else would be good to know. It does have ivory spacers.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is engraved with An L.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

A seven-piece Dunkirk sterling silver tea and coffee service with a

monogram has a current value of $4500 to $5500.00 retail

and $3500 as scrap silver with an estimated ounce weight

of 230 troy ounces.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.

On today's market, a Dunkirk Sterling Silver 7 pc tea and coffee set would realistically sell for a high of $1000 - $1500 on today's market. Monogrammed sets sell for less on the market, as most buyers (unless with matching initials) do not want another name represented on a set. Monogrammed sets sell for highs of $900 at auction on today's market. Scrap, or precious metal melt down value fluctuates daily in accordance the global financial markets and is based on the exact weight in troy ounces. The melt down or scrap value is entirely dependent on the total weight of the set and the market price of silver on that day.

You can ask any price you please on any item you own, the key factor being finding a buyer at your pricepoint.

Feel free to add photos here at anytime, there is not an additional charge to send pictures here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora