Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How can I determine the manufacturer of my mid century

Customer Question

How can I determine the manufacturer of my mid century modern bedroom set? the only mark I can find is a small circle about an inch and 1/4 in diameter, but I cannot read the letters. Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry and it was a blurry picutre of the mark.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark in-focus and a picture of the set.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know the mark is blurry. That is how it appears on the left back corner. I could not make out any of the letters. I thought maybe by the style of the mark that you might know.I included a picture of the armoire/tallboy. I also have the dresser, but no mirror.

Please look on the inside of a top right drawer ( on the right slat on the inside of that drawer) of the dresser. That is one spot where maker's haide a tag, label or mark sometimes. A picture of the dresser would also help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had already looked inside all of the drawers and on the backs of both pieces. I am including a pic of the dresser.

Thanks, ***** ***** some time to do some more looking. If I am unable to find it, I will opt-out but I am not ready to give up just yet. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond next.

I am unable to find this exact maker for you other than what you already know (mid century modern, 50-70 possible danish maker). I will opt-out and allow another expert to try at no extra cost to you.

Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Would it please be possible of you to send more images of the just the mark taken from different angles. I understand the letters are slightly obscured in the mark, however a more clear photo of it may help yield a match.

~Nora