Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique bed room suite. The bed is hand carved and

Customer Question

I have an antique bed room suite. The bed is hand carved and has a carved "roll" at the top of the headboard that is removable. My Mother said that the "roll" was used by the slaves to roll the straw mattress.
How would I go about selling the bed and the other itmes. I would like to have the furniture appraised. It is in Evansville, Indiana.
Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I can value the bedroom set if you can send pictures. Or are you wanting someone to come to your house to look at all your things?

Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am going to Kentucky next week to see what I have in storage. The bed and the bedroom set is there. I can take pictures and send them to you. I also have the original drawings of the bed (I think). What do you charge for a valuation?Does this bed sound like it is valuable to you? It is a four poster, 3/4 mattress size. There is a "halltree" and a dresser that goes with the set and, I believe a small table, that Mother paid $3000 for about 20 years ago.After you value them, how do I go about having them sold?Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see that I can switch to a live call, is there an additional charge?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I perfer to stay on the computer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would just like to have the above questions answered as best as you can. I realize that a picture would help which I will be able to send you in about a week.

Hello

I did not send the phone call thing to you. That is an automated pop up from the justanswer site. I do not do phone calls.

I will be here and will give you the value when I get the pictures. Just do not click on anything that pops up about a phone call.

Glenda