rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Talk to partial tea set, 2 , 4 saucers, teapot no lid, sugar

Customer Question

Talk to partial tea set, 2 cod, 4 saucers, teapot no lid, sugar bowl with lid, creamer no lid. Pattern is white background, orange and yellow flowers with black and yellow center with green leaves. This pattern trails around the top of all pieces. These are non luster ware and has gold trim around the rim, handles, and the spout of the teapot. Assume to be purchased by serviceman at end of WWII.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: I've not seen this pattern, so don't know it's name, but has double T double diamonds mark on bottom
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the set and one pic of the mark.

I will add an answer w/o pictures since I am familiar with this company.

The TT in two diamonds mark is the mark of Takito, Ogawa and Co of Japan. The words on the mark make a difference in date. If it is just the TT in the diamonds, the set dates to 1880-1920. If the word Nippon is on the mark, then it dates to 1920-21. If the words Japan is on the mark, then the set dates to 1921 to 1945. The set would have to have MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN if it were made at any time form 1945 to 1952. The most likely is that the set was made circa 1910 based on your description and sold to a soldier during the occupation. These sets from this company are all at the same average value currently of $125 to $175.00 for a set of your size.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.