Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraisals
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have an 18th or 19th century Ottoman entari (3-paneled

Customer Question

I have an 18th or 19th century Ottoman entari (3-paneled robe) of embroidered silk. I can't find much information on it's value. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

On today's market an antique Ottoman entari can sell for a high average of $2000 - $2500 at auction.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Actually, my research and experience indicate that the realistic estimated retail price of these early 18thC - early 19thC is about $750-950.

See the following image for an early 19thC Ottoman embroidered silk robe in good condition -

I truly wish I had better news for you.
A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.