rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have 2 plates with moss fibre written in a on the back.

Customer Question

I have 2 plates with moss fibre written in a mark on the back. Also the initials CW worked into the pattern. It's a pretty white plate with sky blue leafy pattern with fine tendrils with little root like fibres. It also has gold pattern markings around the frilled edge of plates. I saw something similar which was dated at 1890 but no other information. Warrilow was the name they gave. Can you tell me anything else and the approximate value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry (front).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I've sent you a photo of the bottom. Please let me know if it hasn't come through to you.

You have two plates in blue transferware with gold detail made in the Moss Fibre pattern (1880-1900) made by George Warrilow of Staffordshire, England. The initials inside the ribbon are G and W for George Warrilow. The potter made this pattern in a few different colors during its production.

Each of your plates have a value of $40USD each or 54AUD each.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.