LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

Original photo of my wife at age of 5 with Muhammad Ali

Customer Question

Original photo of my wife at age of 5 with Muhammad Ali holding her up about to playfully kiss her. We live in Zachary Louisiana but the photo was taken at a well known dining facility in downtown Baton Rouge called "Inn on the Lake", which no longer exists. Around 1975 when his name then was Cassius Clay. Thanks, Camelia and Jesse Jackson
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. A photo of Ali in today's market such as yours goes for roughly 25-30.00. It has more sentimental value then anything else as it is not signed. Had he signed it the photo would be worth a great deal more. You would need to write out who the child is, the date of the photo and where it was taken. In time photos will rise but right now a photo of this type has little monetary value to speak of. For insurance purposes the value to insure the photo would be $100.00 family heirloom that could not be replaced.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.