Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Value of a tall clock with maih bauerle clock mechanism, and

Customer Question

value of a tall clock with maih bauerle clock mechanism, and Jacques/borgfeld 13 chimes,hershede case, by web c. ball??
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: chimes #6716, clock #1113628; alt1, case#1212 1913
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the clock is in good condition and operating; I am the second owner; it was initially purchased by Wm wainwright in Cleveland oh, approx. 1925
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post a photo of your clock so I can give you an accurate value. Jacques clocks were made by “Math. Bauerle / St. Georgen / Germany”, for the Charles Jacques Clock Co. of Brooklyn, and exported to the United States where they were marketed by George Borgfeldt in New York City. When Borgfeldt went out of business in 1930 the remaining Jacques clocks were sold to Colonial, Howard Miller, and others. Jacques clocks had a special copyrighted 13 tube chime that was assigned to George Borgfeldt and only became available to other companies after the closure of the Geo. Borgfeldt company. The parts most often were shipped to the US and cabinets made here. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike