Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

How do I go about getting a painting appraised or its value

Customer Question

How do I go about getting a painting appraised or its value this painting was from 1940s
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have painting that was handed down to me how do I determine its value the painting was painted in the 1950a
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMG_0817.JPG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just uploaded the painting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMG_0651.JPG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uploaded some pictures
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a print /lithograph of a painting titled Rainbow Trail by Rico Tomaso originally painted in the 1950's and the prints have been made in an open edition ever since. This piece being from circa 1950. Here is an example of an unframed print of this work for sale. http://donaldartco.com/T%20ARTISTS/Rico%20Tomaso/rico-tomaso-10.jpg

Rico Tomaso (1898-1985) was a New York illustrator and artist.

This piece is a print on paper and not an original painting, so the value is $20 to $40 retail.

There is a person on Ebay trying to sell one of these prints as an original painting for $200, but that person is uninformed about what they have.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.