Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Japanese Scrool painting. Does it devalue the painting buy

Customer Question

Japanese Scrool painting. Does it devalue the painting buy cutting it off the scrool and trimming part of the silk off to make it shorter?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market.
Yes it does devalue the Japanese Scroll Painting, by taking it off the scroll and cutting it to make it smaller. There is no formula as to how much it does because no one has done this and then sold one. Where a value would be set.

As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this, so this can be rated by you.

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
Thank you so much!