Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Vintage baby cradle. Looks hand carved from walnut or oak.

Customer Question

Vintage baby cradle. Looks hand carved from walnut or oak. Ornate carved butterfly on the outside end of cradle and American Eagle carved on inside head of the cradle. Wood slats. Legs have old rollers. It has locks on both sides and rocks fine. Very well made and beautiful. Measurements: length 37", width 20 3/4" and height 38 1/4"
No markings of a date it was made or if made by manufacturer. It had a mattress with it with a protector on it. Mattress looks old and used. Purchased it at an antique shop in Nashville about six years ago as an investment. We never used it. Pictures attached. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for researching a seller's honest appraisal. We really appreciate it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Can you send a picture of the cradle? So I can see the whole cradle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Having problem sending pictures. Please give me your email address. Thank you.

Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Glenda, did you receive pictures. Sent three times now. Thank you.

Hello

No I have not had them sent to me, when did you email them? And where? Did you use the same email address you registered with the site with to send them from. If not they will not forward them to me.

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sent to support several times 6-8 photos.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** to be a Hand Made Amish Cradle carved from Walnut, possibly from the Pennsylvania area. Early 1900's. Are you wanting the current market value for this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Another
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Another picture.

Hello

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mattress

Hello

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
current market value. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. Hope you got these.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Last one. Thank you so much.��

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

.
The Antique Cradle, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda