Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique walnut bedroom set purchased in 1887. A

Customer Question

I have an antique walnut bedroom set purchased in 1887. A bed and marble top dresser and a wardrobe. I wonder who made it, the number 421 U stamped in edge of every piece on the wardrobe and 53 K stamped on the dresser. No marking that I could find on Bed frame.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in very good condition considering the age. It has been taken care of very well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.

There is no way to know who made it without a makers name on it. These numbers are inventory numbers used by the factory to track their products.

If you can send images I can value this for you.

Glenda