Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have 4 Madam dolls from the early 1950s they are 17 to 18

Customer Question

I have 4 M***** ***** dolls from the early 1950s they are 17 to 18 in. tall one is Alice in Wonderland &Snow *****, *****de and another I dont know. all in good condition I would like to know what there value is all orginal clothes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Currently doll market is rather flat right now, and most especially Madame Alexander dolls. I have a large collection of them myself from childhood I am dismayed at the current values. Presuming your 1950's versions are composition and not rubber, they can sell for a high of $100 - $200 each on average on today's auction market. I recommend also contacting Theriault's Auction House, where they specialize in antique and vintage dolls. They can also back up this estimate and it is free to contact them through their site: http://theriaults.com

You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, as an Antique shop owner. Also buying and selling on today's current
.

Seeing that each Doll will have their own value on the current market. I would love to know what each of the dolls are that you have. I have access to the most current Doll Values as well as to what they have sold for on the current market.

If you can give me the name of each doll, I will very happy to look each one up for you, so you have the exact price per doll.

.

Glenda