Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a scrap book of 212 antique postcards ranging from

Customer Question

I have a scrap book of 212 antique postcards ranging from 1892 - 1942. Some are photos, some are material, some are from Germany. I have many different holidays and subjects. I'm wanting to get an idea of what my collection is worth. I might be interested in selling as a lot or individually. How should I go about this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Scrapbooks such as yours from that time frame can sell for $200 - $400 as a complete lot when offered at auction. If you were to sell individually, first check the feasibility of removing the ephemera and postcards from the scrapbook (i.e. are the glued down?) as change in integrity of the piece will diminish value. Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. If you do consider selling individually, factor in the time and effort it will take. My personal opinion is to sell scrapbooks like this as a single lot after looking through and maybe picking out 1-5 standout pieces that can sell well individually and be easily removed.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.