rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I bought a doll marked on the back of her head . She has a

Customer Question

I bought a doll marked Alexander on the back of her head . She has a hard face with green eyes and blonde hair. She is wearing panties and a bra kinda fancy for a doll,
She has a black dress with rhinestones across the front. Fingernails and toe nails are painted. The rubberband that holds her head on is broke. How do I find out the age . All joints bend. The lower part of her arms are soft like rubber. The legs are hard but bend. Can you tell me the age of this doll She has a beautiful face in perfect condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Your jointed composition head Madame Alexander doll in black evening gown with blonde hair and green eyes dates to the mid 20th century or circa 1950 and has a value of $75 - $150 on today's market depending on size. The doll market is a bot flat bow compared to a few decades ago. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price. Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

You have a 1940(not 1950) Madame Alexander Doll in black dress with rhinestones.

and she has a value of $200.00 to $300.00.

Do click the stars to accept my answer.