Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an authentic Mclilley, Columbus Ohio, how or what do

Customer Question

I have an authentic Mclilley, Columbus Ohio, how or what do I need to get appraised. About ready to sale. Down sizing. Thank you any help appreciated
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Red Cross sword and shaft from 1800,s I belive mid evil times.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have photos
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Trying to send photos
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did Yall get these photos?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, now is anybody here or just me myself and shado
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shadow
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Yes, thank you for the images.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

This is a late 19th century, 1880's - 1900 Masonic Knights Templar ceremonial sword. On today's market, expect to garner $100 - $175 for this at auction. They can retail for $300 and up. You can, afterall, ask any price you please on an item you own, they key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Interesting a doctor offered me $800.00 for it. I find that it is indeed an original. Do you know of a place is Dallas ,Texas I could take it to. From my research and trust me a did tons of it. What your response was to my I had already figured out on my own. Sorry was looking for better insite. It appears to be your not qualified to appraise or even come close to a ball park figure. Sorry , don't mean to be insulting but since it's Mt hard cash money I just paid for a service I would expect a professional with the skill of knowing swirds, history, maker etc which you did not. Your answers is plain and simple Google answered with common sense add to it. Please advice if on staff a man who knows about mid evil swords and the mclilley company. Thank you for your kindness! It's a appreciated.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

If you were offered $800, then certainly take the offer, as it is excellent! This is a 19th century Victorian ceremonial sword and not a medieval fighting sword from the 5th through 15th centuries. Good luck with the sale.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just sent more photos, did Yall get them?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

There are images from 9:54pm and it is now 10:27pm

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ceremonial sword but it is from the 1800s. I'm not buying what your stating I investigate for a living and truly believe there is more here than a simple answer from my investigation. Where might a person take such sword to be looked at, any suggestions.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

The 19th century is the 1800's. You can contact any local Masonic groups in your area, such as Knights of Columbus, Zem-Zem Temple, Syria Knights, they will all be familiar with these swords.