rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My valleroy and Bochum Dresden blue onion dinner plate : I

Customer Question

My valleroy and Bochum Dresden blue onion dinner plate
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I see an engraved lettering on the back which looks like an F an L and an M
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: A blue marking on the back with wings extending from each side of the head. The Ron is smooth with a solid blue ring
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Here is a link to one that sold for $99 and dates to 1836, is yours similar? Feel free to add images at your convenience, there is not an additional charge for photos here.

Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

You have a Villeroy and Boch Dresden Blue Onion dinner plate.

They used a printed mark, so I know it looks smudged and that is why

you read it as Valleroy and Bochum.

The mark with "wings extending from each side of the head" is from 1874 to 1909.

The current value of this piece is $$50 to $75.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.