Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Swedish flatware midcentury silver : flatware has hallmarks

Customer Question

swedish flatware midcentury silver
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: flatware has hallmarks I can't identify
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the flatware and any marks in-focus.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for your help with this. I've attached photos of one of the several serving pieces I have. I believe I can see from the marks that this is a Swedish maker, from Goteborg and made in 1940. I wasn't able to find the maker (HABE) with a circle above the A. I would like to know about the maker and the value of at least this piece which weighs a heavy 120 grams.

I have looked and looked and am not finding anything on HABE. Only the same information you already know.

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.